Friday, December 14, 2007

A SHORT STORY

“Why? Why are you doing this?” I try to whisper loud enough to reach his ears. Immediately I feel as if I’ve had a train ram into the side of my head as he throws his fist against me.

“Why am I doing this? What the hell do you mean by why am I doing this you’ve brought this upon yourself you disgusting little whore!” he screamed at me as I cowered in the corner tear streaming down from my blood shot eyes “Quit crying!” he bellowed as he landed another blow on me this time catching me on my shoulder I gasped for breath as the pain seeped through me “Stand up, stand up and get out of my sight you fucking slut!” I wanted to I wanted to get up and run but I was paralyzed by fear I couldn’t stand I couldn’t even take in a breath of air. “ I said get you stupid bitch!” he roared down to me ripping his hands through my hair, I stood as he threw me down the hall and into the door.

“ Now get out!” he said throwing me out the door “You will stay their till I come and get you do you understand Me?” He hissed out at me. I nodded before he slammed the door. I lay there my whole body trembling from the pain and fear.

“Why don’t I just run?” I quickly answered my self “because he’ll come after you and say its your fault and ruin your life just like your mothers.”

I looked around It was starting to rain and it was only all I had on was a torn shirt and pajama shirt. I shivered with the cold of the night.
“Its better this way I guess at least I wont be able to feel the pain through the numbness.” I thought trying to keep myself calm.
“Get over here now Alana and go to bed.” He said sweetly as he opened the door I tried to walk as fast as I could past him I didn’t want to be near him I just wanted to get away… but I knew that it was impossible. “I’m trying, I’m trying to be good I don’t mean to be bad. I don’t even know what I did wrong.” I thought as I sat alone in the schoolyard “what is it that I do that’s so bad? Why can’t I be good like my brothers and sisters? I know it’s not my fault. But it has to be because other wise he wouldn’t get so mad at me.”

I stood up and started to head for the library. I walked along the edge of the building trying not to be seen by the kids who were walking the opposite direction from the bus stop. “Hay Emolana.” someone called from behind me.

Immediately I felt the wall collide with me “So you have any new cuts today?” It was James a boy in my first period he was also a freshman but only because he was an idiot. “So you have any new cuts today?” he asked mockingly two boys who were behind him came up and gabbed my arms I barely even fought them, I knew it was useless and I knew what was coming next. He pulled down my sleeves, where my arms, which were already scattered by scars, had three fresh cuts on them the blood only having just scabbed over. “Tsk tsk, now what have we told you about cutting?” He asked mockingly. The two boys snickered behind me “You know I’m getting kind of sick of always trying to teach you that you shouldn’t cut maybe I should up the punishment.” Both boys were laughing now.

I looked up at them terrified. What could it be now before they would just throw me in a locker, or throw me in the showers. “No wait what do you mean-“ he cut me off “Oh well it just seems that you need a more extreme punishment is all just to get the point across you know.” He said mockingly as they dragged me off behind the Gym.

They threw me against the wall I curled up trying to hide, but they grabbed my head and yanked it up. I looked at his other hand where he was holding a plastic bag and a rope. “Now don’t worry you’ll be ok.” He smiled down to me at the terrified look in my eyes.

“NO! NO! Ple-!” he cut me off again this time covering my mouth with his hand now. I saw as one of his little sidekicks picked up the bag and at a nod of James head threw the bag over my face. They tied the string around the bottom. I gasped but only managed to pull some of the bag into my mouth I spit it out and screamed.

“Shut-up!” One of the cronies yelled and I felt a kick hit me in the stomach. I gasped for air but again was stopped by the bag. I tried to rip it off but one of them had my hands. I was beginning to feel light headed and slowly stopped struggling to get away.

“What the fuck do you think you guys are doing!” an angry voice boomed out. I didn’t know who it was. Well really I don’t know much of any one besides James and his henchmen. “It’s probably your imagination your going under, no one would save a worthless horrible person like me… maybe it’s better if I die, my dad will be happy he wont be mad, I wont be tormented anymore.” I just let myself be absorbed by my thoughts. I could hear footsteps.

“Yes their leaving me here to die everything will be good now.” I wishfully thought “Hay hay are you ok?” some one pulled the bag off my head. I gasped at the air and continued for several seconds. “ Are you ok.” Someone asked putting there hand on my shoulder. I looked up at the teen, which I hadn’t seen before. “Yeah thank you.” I stammered. He was breathtakingly gorgeous, he had short brown and black hair covering part of his face, a lip ring, but mostly I noticed his deep blue eyes.

They were like ice, but this ice made me feel warm inside, they just seemed to be so concerned and caring. A look I never remember seeing on any one else’s face before. “Come on we should get you to the nurse.” He said calmly grabbing my hand and pulling me up.

“No!” I quickly recoiled. “I mean I can’t” He looked down at me confused. I felt myself turning red. I didn’t want to tell him or anyone else about my cutting what if he did the same as the others.

“Why not?” He asked kneeling back down next to me. “I don’t want them to know.” I couldn’t resist telling him, his eyes were so trusting, slightly confused with my reply, but still so breath taking. “Know what?” he asked sitting next to me on the ground now

“About my arms.” I whispered I had to answer I couldn’t not tell this angel. “Can I see?” he asked. I quickly looked away I couldn’t he would hate me. But would that really matter everyone else hated me what was it if we added one more person. I nodded.

No comments: