Friday, December 14, 2007

Kissed me right before he said Goodbye

He kissed me right before he said goodbye
A light brush of our lips
A sensation that will remain in my mind
A feeling too sweet to forget
Yet too bitter to recollect.
It was beyond the ordinary kiss
It was more than anything worth our relationship
Maybe, I would have wanted to make the feeling last
For a split second…
I wasn’t sure how
I wanted the feel of his lips against mine
I wasn’t sure what I SHOULD have felt…
Knowing that it will be the last time.
So I wasn’t the one to pull away…
I wanted him to know ,I wasn’t going to leave
I wanted to let the feeling consume me
Blind me.
Or maybe, I merely wanted it to last
So I can be lost in him.
Because that was all I could do.
Nothing more can connect us even in the thinnest form of bond.
He said softly that life should move on…
I thought, why not?
Why not then could we move on with each other?
Why do we have to part ways?
Why do you have to leave?
But I was content in silence I never wanted to speak…
No, not anymore.
I fear that if I do, I’ll just break.
And I can’t bear to surrender to you now…
‘Coz, it’ll look too shallow.
And what right do I have to cry to you?
To tell you words that I should have said?
Because everything was sealed with a kiss,
Right before you said your goodbye

No comments: